Our patients with cancer can be assured their treatment will be managed in a multi-disciplinary setting at Nepean Cancer Care Centre, Penrith and Crown Princess Mary Cancer Care Centre, Westmead.
Dr Hsiang Chung
Head and Neck Surgeon
General and laparoscopic surgeon
Dr Chung is a Surgical Oncologist with who specialises in melanoma, skin cancer surgery and head and neck surgery. He graduated with honours from the University of New South Wales in 2006. After attaining his fellowship in General Surgery, he undertook a two year fellowship in melanoma, complex surgical oncology and head and neck surgery at Westmead Hospital.
Dr Chung is strongly committed to exceptional surgical education. He is the current Supervisor of Training of Western Sydney rotations for the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and an examiner for the general surgery trainees. His research interests include the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy in oral cavity cancers.
Dr Chung is a Visiting Medical Officer at Norwest Private Hospital and Nepean Private Hospital. He also has public appointments at Nepean and Blue Mountains Hospitals.
Dr Chung is fluent in both English and Mandarin
Areas of Interest include:
- Melanoma and skin cancer management
- Salivary gland stones/tumours
- Neck lumps
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Soft tissue tumours
- General and laparoscopic surgery (gallbladders, hernia)
Norwest Private Hospital
Nepean Private Hospital
Nepean Public Hospital
Blue Mountains ANZAC Memorial Hospital
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Australia & New Zealand Head and Neck Society
Australian Sarcoma Study Group
Publications and Presentations
- Abdul-Razak M, Chung H, Wong E, Palme C, Veness M, Farlow D, Coleman H, Morgan G. Sentinel lymph node biopsy for oral cavity SCC: The Westmead experience. ANZ Journal of Surgery 2016, Nov 23 (Epub adhead of print).
- Chung H, Lam VW, Yuen LP, Ryan BJ, O’connell PJ, Chapman JR, Hawthorne WJ, Pleass HC. Renal transplantation: Better fat than thin. Journal of Surgical Research 2014; Jan 6 (Epub adhead of print).
- Chung H, Pleass HC, Yuen LP, Lam VW. Near death by central line. Emergency Medicine Journal 2013; Apr 4 (Epub ahead of print).
- Abdul-Razak M, Chung H, Wong E, Palme C, Veness M, Morgan G. Sentinel lymph node biopsy for oral cavity SCC: Can Australia do it? Paper presented at Tri-Society Head and Neck Oncology Meeting, Darwin, Australia. Aug 2014
- Chung H. Minimally invasive head and neck surgery. Minimally Invasive Surgery Symposium – Westmead Hospital Week. Sydney, Australia. Aug 2014
- Lee T, Chung H, Yuen LP, Ryan BJ, Pleass HC, Lam VW. Effects of post transplant weight changes on renal transplant outcomes. Paper presented at 49th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Surgical Research Society of Australasia, Adelaide, Australia. Nov 2012.
- Chung H, Lam VW, Pleass HC. Effects of body mass index and post-transplant weight gain in renal transplant outcomes. Paper presented at 30th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Transplantation Society of Australia and New Zealand, Canberra, Australia. Jun 2012.
If you would like to book an appointment with Dr Chung, please visit our contact us page for more information.